Recipe of the Week - Apricot Yogurt Parfaits
Enjoy rich-tasting without guilt – it’s healthy & low-calorie
· 1 can [14 oz/ 398 ml] apricots
· 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
· 2 T / 25 mL lemon juice
· 2 T / 25 mL apricot brandy
· 1 c / 250 ml low-fat plain yogurt
· 1 c / 250 mL fresh apricot slices, kiwi or berries
· Garnish: Yogurt, brown sugar or mint leaves
Drain apricots, pouring ¼ c / 50 mL of the juice into saucepan or microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle gelatin over juice and let stand 5’ to soften. Warm over low heat or until gelatine has dissolved.
In food processor or blender, puree apricots; add lemon juice, brandy, yogurt and gelatin mixture and process for 30 seconds or until combined.
Pour into parfait or stemmed glasses. Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour or overnight.
Just before serving, arrange fruit on top. Garnish each with small spoonful of yogurt and sprinkling of brown sugar or mint leaf.
Makes 4 servings. 140 calories good vitamin A, C fibre