Try something different and do your typical weight lifting exercises with a kettlebell instead of a dumbbell.
Benefits of Kettlebell Training
· Improved coordination and agility
· Better posture and alignment – Many exercises work the postural muscles in a functional way
· It's time efficient – You train multiple fitness components in the same session including cardio, strength, balance, stability, power and endurance
· The exercises are functional and weight bearing which helps increase bone density and keep the body strong for daily tasks
· You become more efficient at other types of exercise
· Increased power development and endurance, which is great for a variety of sports
· It can help protect athletes from injuries – Many injuries happen when you're moving fast and have to come to a stop (a.k.a., eccentric deceleration). Kettlebell exercises actually train the body in eccentric deceleration, which can translate to a healthier, stronger body on the court or field
· Low risk of injury when you use good form and the right weights
· Simplicity – the exercises are simple, the workouts are straightforward and you only need one piece of equipment
Ask a trainer for assistance.