Exercise of the Week –
Incline Leg Press
- The incline leg press provides support for the back and can be used as an alternative to the barbell squat.
- Main Muscles Worked:
- Gluteus Maximus (Butt)
- Other muscles worked are:
- Incline Leg Press Technique:
- Position body with back firmly supported
- Feet flat against platform
- Legs extended
- Apply pressure to hold platform in position
- Release lock and slowly lower sled
- Allow knees to flex towards chest
- Push steadily back to top
Incline Leg Press Notes:
- · Start with an easy weight and perfect your technique.
- · Apply pressure with ball and heel of foot evenly.
- · Do not come down too fast - keep it smooth
- · Remember to breathe. Whether you breathe in or out at a certain point is less important than making
- sure you are actually breathing during the exercise.
- · Do not put on more weight than you can properly lift! Bad form and injury invariably follow.