Sushi-Style Soba with Seared Salmon
BC Sockeye has arrived. This Asian-inspired salmon makes a delightful light dinner or summer picnic.
Hands-on time: 30 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
· 1/4 cup dry shredded wood-ear mushroom
· 4 green onions, finely sliced
· 2 sheets nori, chiffonade
· 1 carrot, peeled and finely grated
· 2 tsp peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
· 1 cup peeled and coarsely grated daikon
· 2 cups cooked buckwheat soba noodles
· 1/4 tsp grape seed oil
· 11 oz boneless, skinless wild salmon fillet
· Ground white pepper, to taste
· Juice 1/2 orange
· 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
· 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
· 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
· 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
· 1/2 tsp pure wasabi powder, optional
· 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
1. Prepare vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, add all vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until well blended with no lumps remaining. Set aside.
2. Place mushroom in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside until al dente, about 4 minutes; drain well.
3. In a large bowl, combine re-hydrated mushroom, onions, nori, carrot, ginger and daikon. Add noodles and half of vinaigrette, and gently toss.
4. Rub oil all over salmon and season both sides with pepper. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high until very hot. Add salmon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on 1 side. Flip over and cook opposite side for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer salmon to a cutting board and let rest. When salmon is cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-inch widthwise slices and lay on top of noodle mixture. Serve with remaining vinaigrette for dipping salmon, if desired.
Nutrients per 1 1/2-cup serving: Calories: 368, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Omega-3s: 1,350 mg, Omega-6s: 580 mg, Carbs: 52 g, Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 24 g, Sodium: 151 mg, Cholesterol: 43 mg
Source: Clean Eating Recipes