Recipe of the Week: Grilled Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Slaw - Chile-rubbed white fish (try fresh BC Halibut) is topped with crispy cabbage and spicy jalapeño in this super-stuffed taco.
Chile-rubbed white fish (try fresh BC Halibut) is topped with crispy cabbage and spicy jalapeño in this super-stuffed taco. Buttermilk yogurt dressing adds a decadent touch to this easy recipe.
: 6: 40 minutes : 45 minutes
· 1/4 cup 1% buttermilk
· 1/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
· 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
· 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
· 1 tsp onion powder, divided
· 1 tsp sea salt, divided
· 4 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
· 1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
· 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
· 1 jalapeño chile pepper, or to taste, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
· 1/4 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
· High-heat cooking oil (such as sunflower, safflower, peanut or grape seed oil), as needed
· 1 1/4 lb firm white-fleshed fish fillets (such as sea bass or halibut), about 3/4-inch thick
· 2 tsp chile powder
· 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
· 12 6- to 7-inch whole-wheat or corn tortillas
· 2 limes, each cut into 6 wedges
1. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, yogurt, honey, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp salt. In a large bowl, combine cabbages, carrot, jalapeño and onion. Add yogurt mixture, tossing to combine. Set aside.
2. Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate. Sprinkle fish with chile powder, paprika and remaining 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp salt, gently rubbing into fish. Arrange tortillas in a stack and wrap with foil. Grill fish until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place tortillas on cooler part of grill until warm, 5 to 8 minutes, turning halfway.
3. Break fish into large pieces. Divide among tortillas and top with slaw. Serve with lime wedges.
A member of the cruciferous family of vegetables, cabbage contains plant compounds called glucosinolates. When converted to a secondary compound, glucosinolates may have anti-inflammatory and anticancer effects on the body.
Source: Clean Eating Recipes