Recipe of the Week: Orange Infused Walnut Kale Salad Recipe - What does kale + orange + omega3 equal? A satisfying, detoxifying and brain-boosting lunch! Ingredients:
- 6-8 handfuls of kale (Try baby kale that is organic and pre-washed)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 small oranges sliced
- 1/3 cup sesame or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp orange (naturally) flavored Omega 3 fish oil. If you don’t have this or you are vegan, then use hemp or flax oil.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- Fresh juice from 1 orange
- 2 tbsp orange rind
Method: Place all your dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend till the mint is completely chopped up, about 30 seconds. Place your leafy greens into a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts and orange slices.
Makes 4 generous servings - this salad is great for a cloudy or damp day because it will brighten your spirit, not only because the omega 3s are so brain-loving, but it has such a fresh and uplifting taste.
Visit Wellness @ SAP and see Latest News for Recipe of the Week and more.