Tomato Jalapeño Ceviche
Fresh raw fish is cured in citrus juice and combined with flavorful fruits, veggies and herbs for a most spectacular summer seafood ceviche.
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless cod fillets, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- Pinch sea salt or kosher salt, plus additional to taste
- 2 vine tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Transfer serving dishes to freezer to chill.
- In a large stainless steel, glass or ceramic bowl, add cod, lime juice and pinch salt; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, until cod is opaque throughout and springy to the touch.
- Drain and discard lime juice from cod. Return cod to bowl and add tomatoes, jalapeño, onion and cilantro. Season with additional salt and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately in chilled bowls.
Nutrients per serving (1/2 cup): Calories: 56, Total Fat: 0.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 2 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 10.5 g, Sodium: 63 mg, Cholesterol: 24 mg