Fish tacos often involve deep-frying and heavy sauces. But here, broiled tilapia is topped with a crunchy radish salad and zingy cilantro-lime sauce -- fresher and tastier!
PREP: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (roots and thick stems removed)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch radishes (about 4 ounces), trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed, for less heat), minced
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless tilapia fillets (about 4)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a blender, combine cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Blend until pureed. Set salsa aside.
In a small bowl, mix together remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining tablespoon oil, radishes, scallions, and jalapeno; season with salt and pepper. Set radish salad aside.
Place tilapia on a rimmed baking sheet; season with coriander, salt, and pepper. Broil until opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes; break up into chunks.
Meanwhile, using tongs, hold tortillas over a gas flame until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side (or wrap stacked tortillas in damp paper towels, and microwave on high until warm and soft, about 1 minute). To assemble, fill tortillas with fish and radish salad; top with salsa verde and fold.