Exercise of the week: Spiderman Push up
The Spiderman push up exercise is a variation of the standard push up, that adds in hip flexion. Named as the action resembles Spider-Man climbing up a wall, but just on the floor.
The spider-man push up is excellent for improving hip flexibility and incorporating an oblique crunch.
- Start in the standard push up position, with your hands under your shoulders and your body in a straight line
- As you lower your torso towards the floor, bend your elbows out to the side.
- At the same time, lift one foot off the floor, bend the knee to the side up to hip level.
- As you bend your elbows out to the side and lower your torso toward the floor
- Repeat this action, alternating side