Recipe of the Week: Poached Scallops with Leeks and Carrots
Try out our weekly healthy recipe selection.
Poached Scallops With Leeks and Carrots
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 20m| Total Time: 30m
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, finely chopped
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and leeks and cook, stirring,
for 2 minutes.
Add the wine and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil.
Season the scallops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and place on top of the vegetables.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the scallops are opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the scallops
to a plate.
In a bowl, combine the parsley, garlic, pine nuts, and remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir into the vegetables and
broth. Serve with the scallops.
Nutritional Information - Per Serving
Calories 227Calories From Fat 41%
Sat Fat 1g