Recipe of the Week: “Spring Clean” your dinner! Try Grilled Asparagus with Caper Vinaigrette. Grilling enhances the flavor of fresh asparagus.
Grilled Asparagus with Caper Vinaigrette
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
If you're grilling your main dish for dinner, go ahead and grill the vegetable side dish, too. Grilling adds flavor to the asparagus, as does the tangy caper vinaigrette that's drizzled over the spears.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 4 asparagus spears and about 2 teaspoons vinaigrette)
Total: 30 Minutes
· 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
· 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
· Cooking spray
· 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
· 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 2 teaspoons capers, coarsely chopped
· 1/4 cup small basil leaves
1. 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. 2. Place asparagus in a shallow dish. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing well to coat. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning after 2 minutes.
3. 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients (through garlic); stir with a whisk. Slowly pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in capers. Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with basil.
Amount per serving