Strawberry Cream Pie Parfaits
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes (plus cooling time)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp safflower oil
- 3 tbsp raw honey, divided
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 lb strawberries, sliced (about 3 cups sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and mist an 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal and salt. Add oil and stir until combined. Add 1 tbsp honey and stir until combined. Add 2 tbsp cold water and stir until combined. (NOTE: Mixture will feel sandy, uneven and will contain some larger chunks.) Transfer to baking dish and press into an even layer with your fingers. Bake until edges and bottom are deep golden brown, 21 to 24 minutes. Cool completely in baking dish on a wire rack.
- To a medium bowl, add cheese and remaining 2 tbsp honey. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until combined. Slide cooled crust out of baking dish onto a cutting board and break into uneven, bite-size pieces.
- Assemble parfaits: To each of 6 parfait glasses or trifle cups, add 2 tbsp crust pieces, 2 tbsp cheese and 1/4 cup strawberries. Repeat layers once.
Nutrients per serving (1 Strawberry Cream Pie Parfait): Calories: 255, Total Fat: 11 g, Sat. Fat: 2.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Carbs: 31 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 14 g, Protein: 11 g, Sodium: 231 mg, Cholesterol: 20 mg