This meal is perfect for summer and incorporates fresh seafood into a healthy easy dish.
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 25 Minutes
Portion size 2
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) light-tasting olive oil
- 1 small leek, (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 large sea scallops, (about 8 oz/ 225 g), patted dry
Lemon Cilantro Oil:
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light-tasting olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crumbled saffron threads
Lemon Cilantro Oil: In blender, blend cilantro, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in saffron. Set aside. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 5 days; bring to room temperature to use.)
In nonstick skillet, heat half each of the butter and oil over medium-high heat; sautée leek until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in edamame and half each of the salt and pepper. Remove from pan and keep warm; wipe skillet clean.
In same skillet, heat remaining butter and oil over medium-high heat until foaming. Sprinkle scallops with remaining salt and pepper; sear all over until browned and centres are opaque, 4 to 6 minutes.
Divide leek mixture between 2 small plates. Top each with 2 scallops; drizzle each with 2 tsp of the lemon cilantro oil. Serve immediately.