Chicken breasts marinated with ginger, garlic and aromatic spices make for a flavourful dinner. This dish tastes better the longer it marinates, so leave it overnight if you can. Serve with our Marinated Chickpea Salad. Stuff any leftovers in a pita pocket for a quick lunch.
- Prep time 30 Minutes
- Total time 2 hours 45 minutes
- Portion size 4
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tahini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 small red onion, cut in 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
In bowl, combine yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Grilled Vegetables: In bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Place onion, zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, basting frequently with lemon mixture, until tender, about 7 minutes. Cut mushrooms in half. Place on platter along with remaining grilled vegetables; sprinkle with cilantro.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning occasionally, until no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes before slicing. Serve with grilled vegetables.